Analytical Analyzer of Symmetries is a software for the detection and assessment of the quality of symmetry in a protein assembly. It can compute axes of symmetry for any type of point groups (Cyclic, Dihedral and Cubic).
The process of symmetry detection is divided into several steps. At the beginning, only information about the coordinates of atoms and the sequence for each chain is available :
- The chains are clustered into symmetric sets.
- The correspondences are computed between different chains of symmetric sets.
- The axes are computed to minimize the asymmetry of the assembly
This software can :
- Detect the best axes of symmetry for any symmetry group in an assembly containing the right amount of chains.
- Provide the symmetry-aware RMSD for these axes.
- Detect the best axis of symmetry for cyclic assemblies with missing subunits.
- Compute the axes of symmetry with user-provided correspondences.
Guillaume Pagès1 & Sergei Grudinin1,1Nano-D team, Inria/CNRS Grenoble, France e-mail: Sergei.Grudinin @ inria.fr
Download (version 0.4)
AnAnaS GUI is available at https://www.samson-connect.net
- Guillaume Pagès, Elvira Kinzina, & Sergei Grudinin, “Analytical symmetry detection in cyclic protein assemblies”.
- Guillaume Pagès & Sergei Grudinin, “Analytical symmetry detection in dihedral and cubic protein assemblies”.
All rights reserved. The academic version is free.