Our visitor Isaac Sonin, from the Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics, UNC Charlotte, gave a mini course on Advanced Markov Chains:
- “A general survey of numerous applications of Censored Markov Chains”, Tuesday 4/04/2017, 14h.
- “The parallel computations for large MCs . Islands and Ports model”, Wednesday 5/04/2017, 14h.
- “Markov chain Tree Theorem and modern calculations – idempotent (tropical) calculus”,Thursday 6/04/2017, 11h.
- “The Decomposition – Separation theorem and consensus algorithms”, Friday 7/04/2017, 14h.
- “Optimal stopping of MCs, Gittins index and related problems”, Monday 10/04/2017, 11h.