What happened in the past
What happened in the past
- November 30th, 2012: Christophe Salperwyck defends his PhD
- October 5th, 2012: Alexandra Carpentier defends her PhD
- Sep 1st, 2012: Michal Valko joins SequeL as an INRIA junior researcher
- June 21st, 2012: J-F. Hren defends his PhD.
- June 2012 Odalric Maillard recoit le Prix de thèse de l’AFIA 2012.
- Mar 2012: the exploration / exploitation challenge is open.
- Nov 26th 2010: Sébastien Bubeck has been ranked 2nd for the 2010 Gilles Kahn award (best PhD in computer science)
- starting Sep. 14th 2010, Peter Auer visits SequeL during 10 days
- The cover of the July 2010 Pour la Science magazine advertize Rémi Coulom’s paper about ranking in games and sports
- Sébastien Bubeck defends his PhD on June 10th, 2010 at the ENS-Ulm. He is the first student to defend a PhD in SequeL.
- Laszlo Gyorfi visits us on March 19th.
- from Feb 4th to Feb 11th, 2010, Boris Ryabko is visiting SequeL during 10 days
- V. Gabillon, J. Mary, and Ph. Preux received the best paper award at the 10e Extraction, Gestion des Connaissances (EGC) for their paper “Affichage de publicités sur des portails web”
- S. Bubeck receives the best student paper award at COLT’2009.
- Fall 2008: R. Coulom’s Crazy Stone wins against a human expert
- Sep 2008: Machine Learning Summer School (MLSS) at Île de Ré, organized by M. Davy and J. Mary
- June-July 2008: SequeL organizes the 8th European Workshop on Reinforcement Learning
- Jan 2008: creation of the Predict & Control spin-off by P-A. Coquelin
- 2007: R. Coulom’s Crazy Stone becomes a valuable opponent for a human being at the 19×19 Go game. He is awarded with silver medal.
- Jul 1st, 2007: SequeL is officially created as an INRIA team-project.
- Apr 3rd, 2006: SequeL is created as an INRIA team, located in Lille.
- Spring 2005: M. Davy, R. Munos, Ph. Preux meet and begin to talk about creating SequeL.
PhDs and HdRs defended in the group
- Dec 2015: Marta Soare defends her PhD
- Oct 2015: Jérémie Mary defends his HdR
- May 2015: Amir Sani defends his PhD
- Dec 18th, 2014: Olivier Nicol defends his PhD (https://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/tel-01297407)
- July 1st, 2014: Boris Baldassari defends his PhD (https://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/tel-01297400)
- June 12th, 2014: Victor Gabillon defends his PhD (https://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/tel-01297386)
- June 11th, 2014: Mohammad Ghavamzadeh defends his Habilitation à diriger les recherches (https://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/)
- Nov. 18th, 2013: Azadeh Khaleghi defends her PhD (https://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/tel-00920184v1)
- November 30th, 2012: Christophe Salperwyck defends his PhD (https://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/tel-00845655)
- Oct 5th, 2012: Alexandra Carpentier defends her PhD (https://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/tel-00844361v1)
- Jun 21st, 2012: Jean-François Hren defends his PhD (https://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/tel-00845898v1)
- Dec 19th, 2011 Daniil Ryabko defends his hdr (https://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/tel-00675680v2)
- Oct 3th, 2011: Odalric Ambrym-Maillard defends his PhD (https://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/tel-00845410v1)
- July 8th, 2011: Manuel Loth defends his PhD (https://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/tel-00845441v1)
- 2011: Nicolas Viandier defends his PhD (https://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/tel-00664264v1)
- June 2010: Sébastien Bubeck defends his PhD (https://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/tel-00845565v1)
Yearly Report of activity
- 2015 on-line version, and the pdf version
- 2014 on-line version, and the pdf version
- 2013 on-line version, and the pdf version
- 2012 on-line version, and the pdf version
- 2011 on-line version, and the pdf version
- 2010 on-line version, and the pdf version
- 2009 on-line version, and the pdf version
- 2008 on-line version, and the pdf version
- 2007 on-line version, and the pdf version
- 2006 on-line version, and the pdf version