Directrice de recherche, Inria
Centre de Recherche Inria de Paris
2 rue Simone Iff
75589 Paris Cedex 12 (FRANCE)
- e-mail: irene.vignon-clementel at inria.fr
- phone: +126.96.36.199.42.67
- J-L Lions Laboratory: Jussieu, Corridor 16-26, office 307 (3rd floor)
- Mathematical Modeling and Numerical Methods
- boundary conditions for physiological fluid dynamics (3D,1D)
- multiscale modeling & numerical methods for their coupling
- model parametrization from real data (multi scale approach, data assimilation)
- coupling of agent-based and continuum models
- Multiphysics modeling: fluid/solid interactions in deformable vessels and in porous media
- Modeling and inverse problem for dynamic imaging interpretation (DCE-US, DCE-MRI, …, ICG fluorescence)
- congenital heart disease (single ventricle, ToF) & acquired disease (aneurysms, stenosis, etc)
- treatment planning (Fontan surgeries, percutaneous valve reducer, liver surgery)
- coronary circulation
- airflow and particle deposition in health and disease
- oncology application: interaction between vascularization & tumor development
PhD students (formal)
- Nicolas Golse (expected 2019), PhD student in medicine (ED de Cancérologie 582, coadvisors: E Vibert and S Cottin) Apports de la modélisation anatomique et hémodynamique du foie dans l’anticipation, la réalisation et l’enseignement de la chirurgie hépatique.
- Noémie Boissier (2018), UPMC (coadvisor: D Drasdo) Blood perfusion modeling in tumors and liver.
- Nicolas Pozin (2017), UPMC (coadvisor: C Grandmont) Multiscale lung ventilation modeling in health and disease.
- Chloé Audebert (2017), UPMC (coadvisor: JF Gerbeau) Mathematical liver modelling: hemodynamics and function in hepatectomy.
- Gregory Arbia (2014), UPMC (coadvisor: JF Gerbeau) Multiscale modeling of blood flow applied to congenital heart disease. Now at Sorin group.
PhD students (informal)
- Stephanie Lindsey (2015), PhD student at Cornell University, USA. Advisor: J Butcher. Hemodynamic regulation of cardiac outflow morphogenesis. Now postdoc in Montpellier U.
- Mahdi Esmaily-Moghadam (2014), PhD student at UCSD, USA. Supervisor: A. Marsden. Development of multiscale modeling methods for clinical decision making in single ventricle heart patients. Now postdoc at Stanford University, USA.
- Jessica Oakes (2013), PhD student at UCSD, USA. Supervisors: C Darquenne (School of Medicine) and A. Marsden (School of Engineering). Aerosol Deposition in Healthy and Emphysematous Rat Lungs: Insights From MRI Measurements and Computational Simulations. Now Assistant Professor at Northeastern U., USA.
- Weiguang Yang (2012), PhD student at UCSD, USA. Supervisor: A. Marsden. Surgical design for the Fontan procedure using computational fluid dynamics and derivative-free optimization. Now research fellow at Stanford U.
- Nick Jagiella (2012), PhD student at UPMC/U. of Leipzig. Supervisor: D Drasdo. Parametrisation of lattice-based tumor models from data. Now at Advanced RealTime Tracking Gmbh.
- Rashmi Raghu (2011), PhD student at Stanford University, USA of C Taylor. Computational models of blood flow in deformable arteries including viscoelasticity. Now at Pivotal Inc.
- H.J. Kim (2009), PhD student at Stanford University, USA of C Taylor. 3D finite-element modeling of blood flow in the coronary arteries. Now at Heartflow.
Grants and Awards
- iLite, RHU (2017-2021)
- iFLOW, ANR Tecsan (2013-2017)
- Transatlantic Leducq grant – a Trans-Atlantic Network of Excellence for Cardiovascular Research, (2010-2016): Multi-scale Modeling of Single Ventricle Hearts for Clinical Decision Support
- Grant to organize the 4th International Conference on Engineering Frontiers in Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease, France-Stanford Center fund, (2013-2014)
- CARDIO – Equipe associée / Associated team grant from INRIA (with Stanford University & associated colleagues), (2008-2013)
- Grant, France-Stanford Center fund, (2007-2008)
- Award for the Student Presentation Competition in the Biotechnology Specialty area at the World Congress of Computational Mechanics by the USACM and the USACM Executive Committee (Aug. 2006)
- Dean’s Postdoctoral Fellowship, Stanford School of Medicine (awarded in 2006)
- Predoctoral Fellowship, American Heart Association (Top recipient of the Western States, USA ; 2004-2006)
- 2nd prize of the student competition research presentation, BCATS conference, Stanford, Nov 2005
- Cambridge European Trust bursary (1999-2000)
- Scholarship from the Ecole Centrale Paris for the international program TimePlus (1999-2000)
- HDR (Habilitation à diriger des recherches), Ecole Doctorale de Sciences Mathématiques Paris Centre, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France – 2016.
- PhD, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University, USA, thesis under the supervision of Prof. Charles A. Taylor in the Cardiovascular Biomedical Research Laboratory (download PhD_thesis) – 2006
- MS (Part III), Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, University of Cambridge, UK – thesis under the supervision of Prof. Timothy Pedley in the Biological Mechanics Group – 2000
- Diplome d’ingénieur, Ecole Centrale Paris, France – 2000