Directeur de Recherche (senior researcher), Inria.
Professeur chargé de cours (adjunct professor), Ecole Polytechnique.
Centre de Recherche Inria de Paris
2 rue Simone Iff
75589 Paris Cedex 12
- phone: +126.96.36.199.42.58
- e-mail: email@example.com
- At Jacques-Louis Lions Laboratory (Sorbonne Université and CNRS): Jussieu, Corridor 16-26, Office 302 (3rd floor)
- At Inria
- Head of Science of Inria Paris research center (chairman of the project-teams’ committee) (2012-2017)
- Head of the REO project-team, Inria and Jacques-Louis Lions Laboratory (Sorbonne Université and CNRS) (since 2005)
- Member of the Inria Evaluation Committee (2009-2017)
- Deputy head of Science of Inria Paris-Rocquencourt research center (2009-2012)
- At universities
- Academic council of the doctoral school Mathematical Models and Methods in engineering, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Scientific board of Labex Numev, Montpellier, France
- Mathematics Faculty Council (2009-13), University P. & M. Curie – Paris 6, France
- Community service
- Elected member at the board of SMAI, in charge of SMAI’s publications (since 2017)
- Editorial activities
- SIAM Journal of Scientific Computing (SISC), (associate editor, since 2017).
- ESAIM Mathematical Modelling and Numerical Analysis (M2AN), EDP Sciences (associate editor 2006-2012, editor-in-chief 2013-2017)
- SEMA SIMAI Series, Springer (series editor, 2015-2017)
- Advances in Computational Mathematics, Springer (associate editor, since 2016)
- Journal of Modeling in Ophthalmology, Kugler (associate editor, since 2015)
- International Journal for Numerical Methods in Biomedical Engineering, Wiley (associate editor, since 2010)
- Communications in Applied and Industrial Mathematics, de Gruyter (associate editor, since 2010)
- ESAIM Proceedings, EDP Sciences (editor-in-chief, 2006-2011)
- Teaching activities
- Adjunct professor in the department of Applied Mathematics, Ecole Polytechnique (since 2016), France
- Visiting professor, Stanford University (2008-2009), USA
- Main classes taught:
- Numerical hemodynamics, MSc, UPMC Paris 6 – Univ Paris Orsay – Ecole Polytechnique, (2012-2016), France
- Finite element in fluid mechanics, MSc, Stanford University (2009), USA
- Numerical analysis and optimization, Ecole Polytechnique (2006-2008), France
- Functional analysis and Scientific Computing, Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées (1999-2010), France
- Numerical methods in fluid-structure interaction, MSc, UPMC (2003-2008), France
- Finite element in fluid mechanics, MSc, Ecole Polytechnique de Tunisie (2003-2007), Tunisia
- Numerical analysis, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (1998-1999), Switzerland
- Alcan Prize 2010 (with T. Lelièvre), awarded by the French Academy of Sciences.
- Pierre Faurre Prize 2008, awarded by the French Academy of Sciences.
- CS Prize 2002 in Scientific computing (with C. Le Bris and T. Lelièvre), awarded by Communications & Systems (ex-CISI Prize)
- Mathematical modeling, Numerical Analysis of Partial Differential Equations, Scientific computing
- Interaction data / simulation, model reduction
- Modeling and simulation of the cardiovascular system (fluid-structure interaction, hemodynamics, cardiac electrophysiology)
- Modeling and simulation in magnetohydrodynamics of liquid metals and free surface flows
- Felipe Galarce, UPMC, expected 2020 (co-advisors: M. Lombardi and O. Mula). Ultrasound signals and computational hemodynamics.
- Ludovic Boilevin-Kayl, UPMC, expected 2019 (co-advisor: M. Fernández). Modeling of cardiac implantable devices.
- Alexandre This, UPMC, expected 2019. Fusion data / simulation for the assessment of mitral regurgitation.
- Eliott Tixier, UPMC, expected 2017 (co-advisor: D. Lombardi). Modeling of the electrophysiology of cardiac stem cells for safety pharmacology.
- Matteo Aletti, UPMC, expected 2017 (co-advisor: D. Lombardi). Hemodynamics of the retina.
- Chloé Audebert, UPMC, expected 2016 (co-advisor: I. Vignon-Clementel). Hemodynamics of the liver.
- Elisa Schenone, UPMC, 2014 (co-advisor: M. Boulakia). Inverse problem in cardiac electrophysiology.
Current position : Engineer, Mox-off (Italy)
- Grégory Arbia, UPMC, 2014 (co-advisor: I. Vignon-Clémentel). Pediatric cardiovascular surgery modeling.
Current position : Engineer, Sorin group
- Saverio Smaldone, UPMC, 2014 (co-advisor: M. Fernández). Cardiac hemodynamics numerical simulation.
Current position: Research and Development Engineer at Evolution Energie
- Annabelle Collin, UPMC, 2014 (co-advisor: D. Chapelle) Modeling of the atria of the heart,
Current position : Assistant Professor, Bordeaux.
– ECCOMAS 2014 PhD thesis Award
– SMAI-GAMNI 2015 PhD thesis Award
- Cristóbal Bertoglio, UPMC, 2012 (co-advisor: M. Fernández). Fluid-structure interaction : simulation and medical imaging.
Current position: Assistant professor, University of Groningen (The Netherlands)
– Airbus Foundation 2013 PhD thesis Award
– SMAI-GAMNI 2013 PhD thesis Award
- Matteo Astorino, UPMC, 2010 (co-advisor: C. Grandmont). Fluid-Structure Interaction in the Cardiovascular System. Numerical Analysis and Simulation.
Current position : Research engineer, Symetis SA (Switzerland).
- Nejib Zemzemi, Université Paris-Sud, 2009 (co-advisor: M. Fernández) Numerical methods in cardiac electrophysiology.
Current position : Researcher, Inria Bordeaux.
- Nuno Diniz dos Santos, UPMC, 2007. Numerical methods for ﬂuid-structure interaction problems with valves.
Current position : research engineer, Glaizer group (France).
- Antoine Gloria, Ecole des Ponts, 2007 (co-advisor: C. Le Bris). Multiscale modeling and numerical methods in nonlinear elasticity.
Current position : professor, Sorbonne Université (France).
- Astrid Decoene, UPMC, 2006. Hydrostatic model for three-dimensional free surface flows and numerical schemes.
Current position : assistant professor, Université Paris-Sud.
- Mohamed Belhadj, UPMC, 2005 (co-advisor: B. Perthame). Toward a mathematical modelling of white blood cells filtration.
Current position : assistant professor, Université de Kairouan (Tunisia).
- Habilitation thesis (HDR) in applied mathematics, Université P. & M. Curie – Paris 6, 2003
- PhD thesis in applied mathematics, Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées, 1998
- Agrégation in mathematics, 1995
- Military service, Armée de l’air, 1994-1995
- Master in Numerical Analysis, Université P. & M. Curie – Paris 6, 1994
- Ingénieur civil des Ponts et Chaussées, 1994