We are extremely pleased a whole new release of medInria, tagged medInria 3.0. Why 3.0 you may ask, well for two major reasons: the update of medInria dependencies to Qt5 and VTK8 (offering up-to-date graphics interface and more recent OpenGL rendering), as well as a whole new architecture for plugins mainly to allow their use in a new composition workspace to stream your processes. Apart from these large changes, here is a more complete list of changes in the new release of medInria:
- Switch Qt backend to Qt 5.x
- Switch VTK to version 8.1, including a switch to OpenGL2 backend
- New, experimental composer workspace to run pipelines
- Introduce a new plugin framework for the previous purpose
- A bunch of new image processing algorithms: ITK basic operations (morphology, arithmetic…), bias correction…
- New data types for diffusion: multi-compartment models (view and estimation)
- Enable image drag and drop on the application
- Scale colormaps option for surface and fibers attributes
- Many more things under the hood !
As always, medInria is available on our website: http://med.inria.fr/. The source code for the application core has now moved to a new integrated super-project here: https://github.com/medInria/medInria-public
We hope you enjoy this release, and share your feedback !