Inria Rennes Bretagne – Atlantique
Campus Universitaire de Beaulieu, 35042, Rennes
Phone: +33 (0) 2 99 84 73 31
- High Performance Computing
- Cloud Computing & Virtualization Technology
- Green Computing
- Development of Large-Scale Parallel/Distributed Systems
- Software Engineering & Software Project Management
- Software Quality Assurance
- November 2016: I attended at SC 2016 and presented Damaris project there.
- June 2016: I attended at Ter@Tec 2016 event and presented Damaris there.
- April 2016 – I am now a research engineer with the KerData team at INRIA Rennes.
I am a research engineer within the KerData team at INRIA Rennes, working on Damaris project under the supervision of Prof. Gabriel Antoniu. From 2013 to 2016, I was a CTO at iSun Mobile Services Co. managing a development team working on large scale electronic payment systems. Before that and as a Ph.D. student, I was working with Prof. Mohsen Sharifi in the Distributed Systems Laboratory (DSL) at IUST on power-aware scheduling of virtual machines.
My research and industrial experience is focused around development of distributed systems. My current work focuses on development of a middleware for I/O and data management, namely Damaris, targeting large-scale, MPI-based HPC simulations.
I am also broadly interested in other research areas such as virtualization technologies, operating systems and parallel programming technologies and models.
- Damaris: A middleware for I/O and data management targeting large-scale, MPI-based HPC simulations.
A list of my publications on Google Scholar can be found here.
- H. Salimi and M. Sharifi, “Batch Scheduling of Consolidated Virtual Machines based on Their Workload Interference Model ”, Future Generation Computer Systems, The International Journal of Grid Computing and eScience, Special Issue on Cloud Monitoring Systems, ISSN (Print): 0167-739X, Article First Published Online: 13 Feb 2013.
- M. Sharifi, S. Shahrivari and H. Salimi, “PASTA: A Power-Aware Solution to Scheduling of Precedence-Constrained Tasks on Heterogeneous Computing Resources”, Computing, Springer, ISSN (Print): 0010-485X, DOI: 10.1007/s00607-012-0192-1, Accepted To Appear, August 2012.
- M. Sharifi, H. Salimi, A. Saberi and J. Gharibshah, “VMM Detection using Privilege Rings and Benchmark Execution Times“, International Journal of Communication Networks and Distributed Systems (IJCNDS), Accepted To Appear, 2012.
- M. Sharifi, H. Salimi and E. Asadi, “ALAMUT: A High Performance Network Intrusion Detection System in Support of Virtualized Environments”, Security and Communication Networks, ISSN: 1939-0114 (Print); 1939-0122 (Online), Accepted To Appear, 2012.
- H. Salimi, M. Najafzadeh and M. Sharifi, “Advantages, Challenges and Optimizations of Virtual Machine Scheduling in Cloud Computing Environments”, International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering, ISSN (Print): 1793-8201, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 189-193, April 2012.
- M. Sharifi, H. Salimi and M. Najafzadeh, “Power-Efficient Distributed Scheduling of Virtual Machines using Workload-Aware Consolidation Techniques”, Journal of Supercomputing, An International Journal of High-Performance Computer Design, Analysis and Use, ISSN 0920-8542, Springer, DOI 10.1007/s11227-011-0658-5, Published Online: 14 July 2011.
- M. Sharifi, H. Salimi, “CMI: A Method to Configure CORBA Remote Calls in Support of FT-CORBA Fault-Detection Mechanisms“, Iranian Journal of Science & Technology, Transaction B, Engineering, Vol. 30, No. B6, December 2006.
- M. Sharifi, H. Salimi, “Replication-Aware Transactions: How to Roll a Transaction over Failures”, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), No. 2006, Springer Verlag, pp. 203-214, June 2006.
- M. Sharifi, M. Najafzadeh and H. Salimi, “Co-Management of Power and Performance in Virtualized Distributed Environments”, The Sixth International Conference on Grid and Pervasive Computing (GPC 2011), Oulu, Finland, 11th-13th May 2011.
- Mahsa Najafzadeh, Hadi Salimi, Mohsen Sharifi and Ali Hamidi, “VMM-Level Distributed Transparency Provisioning using Cloud Infrastructure Technology”, The Fourth International Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF) Academic Alliance Workshop on Systems and Virtualization Management: Standards and the Cloud (SVM 2010), Ontario, Canada, October 29, 2010.
- Ali Hamidi, Hadi Salimi and Mohsen Sharifi, “A Transparent Virtual Machine Monitor Level Packet Compression Network Service”, World Conference on Information Technology 2010 (WCIT 2010), Bahcesehir University, Istanbul, Turkey, October 6-10, 2010.
- A. Hamidi, H. Salimi and M. Sharifi, “Network Service Provisioning using System Level Virtualization“, The First Workshop in Provisioning and Management of Service Oriented Architecture and Cloud Computing (PROMASC’10), Tozeur, Tonisia, May 2010.
- A. Rezaei, H. Salimi and M. Sharifi, “Improving Software Dependability using System-Level Virtualization“, Sixth International Symposium on Frontiers of Information Systems and Network Applications (FINA10), Co-located with AINA 2010, Perth, Australia, April 2010.
- H. Salimi, M. Sharifi and S. A. Sayyh, “Modeling and Analysis of a Replication-Aware Transaction Model by Means of Stochastic Reward Networks“, International Conference on Distributed Frameworks and Applications, Penang, Malaysia, October 2008.
- H. Salimi, S. A. Sayyah, M. Sharifi, “ALMAS: An Application-Level Memory Management Service”, The 3rd IEEE International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies: from Theory to Application (ICTTA’08), Damascus,Syria, April 2008.
- H. Salimi, M. Sharifi, “OTSX: An Extended Transaction Service in Support of FT-CORBA Standard“, The 7th ACS/IEEE Conference on Computer Systems and Applications (AICCSA’08), Qatar, April 2008.
- H. Salimi, M. Sharifi, “Integrating Replication and Transaction Management Services in CORBA from Replica Consistency Point of View”, In the Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies: from Theory to Application (ICTTA’06), Damascus, Syria, April 2006.
- S. Parsa, S. Lotfi and H. Salimi, “Syntax-Directed and Automatic Analysis of Program Code”, Proceedings of the 11th Annual Int. Computer Conference of the Computer Society of Iran, February 2005, Tehran, IRAN.
- H. Salimi, “NGMF: A Generic Framework for Constructing Graph-Based Systems”, Accepted Student Paper in the 19th International Conference on Object Oriented Programming, Systems, Languages and Applications (OOPSLA’04), October 2004, Vancouver, Canada.
- H. Salimi, “Transforming Single-User Applications to Distributed Ones”, Accepted and Ranked 2nd paper in the 6th Computer Faculty and Student Conference (CFSC6), November 2002, Tehran, Iran.
- H. Salimi, Ph.D thesis, Power-Aware Virtual Machine Scheduling in Support of Cloud Computing Environments (Proposal, Thesis)
- H. Salimi, M.Sc. Thesis, Integrating Transaction and Replication Management Services in CORBA (Seminar +Thesis)