I am a researcher in the DIANA project-team at INRIA Sophia Antipolis – Méditerranée research center.
Our demo “Deploy a 5G Network in Less Than 5 Minutes” was presented at Sigcomm 2017. Special thanks to Naoufal, Damien and Jawad for take care of the demo there! See the demonstration video.
Our tested FIT-R2lab is open to the general public. Sign up through the OneLab portal to run your own experiment.
- Wireless Networking
- Networking Experimental Platforms and Simulators
- Methodology for Reproducible Networking Experiments
- Future Internet Architecture and Protocols
- Currently, I am involved in the following projects:
- FIT-R2Lab is a Wi-fi mesh testbed infrastructure in an anechoic chamber suitable for reproducible wireless networking experimentation. This testbed is funded by the ANR FIT (Future Internet of Things) project developing an open large-scale testing infrastructure for systems and applications on wireless and sensor communications.
- Fed4Fire+, an integrating Project under the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) addressing the work programme topic Future Internet Research and Experimentation.
- NS-3 consortium, ns-3 is a discrete-event network simulator for Internet systems.
- Mohamed Naoufal Mahfoudi, (co-supervised with Robert Staraj – LEAT), working on “Towards Cross-layer MIMO for 5G networks”.
- Hardik Soni, (co-supervised with Thierry Turletti), working on “Enhanced Support for Multicast Applications in SDN Networks”.
- Alina Quereilhac (co-supervised with Thierry Turletti), thesis on “Experiment Control in Heterogeneous Evaluation Environments”, June 2015.
- Ashwin Rao, (co-supervised with Arnaud Legout), thesis on Improving Transparency and End-User Control in Mobile Networks, December 2013.
- Shafqat-Ur Rehman, (co-supervised with Thierry Turletti), thesis on Benchmarking of Wireless Experimentations, January 2012.
- Stevens Leblond, (co-supervised with Arnaud Legout), thesis on Privacy in P2P Networks, April 2011.
- Mathieu Lacage, thesis on a Methodology for Networking Experimentation, November 2010.
- Mohamed Amine Ismail, (co-supervised with Antoine Clerget), thesis on the optimisation of Protocols and Applications over Broadcast Links, June 2010.
- Diego Dujovne, (co-supervised with Thierry Turletti), thesis on the evaluation of wireless transmission protocols, May 2009.
- Mohamed Ali Kaafar, (co-supervised with Thierry Turletti), thesis on Securing Internet Coordinate Systems, September 2007.
- Mohamad Malli, (co-supervised with Chadi Barakat), thesis on Inferring Internet topology from Application Point of View, September 2006.
- Laurentiu Barza, thesis on Communication Architecture for Large Scale Virtual Environments, July 2004.
- Fatma Louati, (co-supervised with Chadi Barakat), thesis on Asymmetry and Bidirectional traffic in the Internet, February 2004.
- Antoine Clerget, thesis on Heterogeneity in IP multicast Networks, December 2003.
- Miguel Sánchez, thesis on Optimization of Packet Forwarding in Best-effort Routers, September 2003.
- Rares Serban, (co-supervised with Chadi Barakat) thesis on Dynamic IP QoS management, September 2003.
- Fethi Filali, thesis on Deploying Multicast Services in Heterogeneous Environments, November 2002.
- Frank Lyonnet, thesis on Multimedia Applications over the Internet with wireless links, October 1998.
- Claude Castelluccia, thesis on High Performance Transmission Control Protocols, March 1996.
Full list until 2012 (Rodéo and Planète), HAL extraction since 2013 (Diana), or Google Scholar (all).
- Organization: INRIA
- Research Center: Sophia Antipolis – Méditerranée
- Project-team: DIANA
- E-mail: Walid.Dabbous AT inria.fr (preferred)
- Phone: +33 4 92 387 718
- Fax: +33 4 92 387 978
- Mail: INRIA, 2004 route des Lucioles, B.P. 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis, France