I am a researcher in the DIANA project-team at INRIA Sophia Antipolis – Méditerranée research center.
Our demo “Deploy a 5G Network in Less Than 5 Minutes” was presented at Sigcomm 2017. Special thanks to Naoufal, Damien and Jawad for having taken care of the demo there! See the demonstration video.
Our tested FIT-R2lab is open to the general public. Sign up through the OneLab portal to run your own experiment.
Full list until 2012 (Rodéo and Planète), HAL extraction since 2013 (Diana), or Google Scholar (all).
- Wireless Networking
- Networking Experimental Platforms and Simulators
- Methodology for Reproducible Networking Experiments
- Future Internet Architecture and Protocols
- Currently, I am involved in the following projects:
- FIT-R2Lab is a Wi-fi mesh testbed infrastructure in an anechoic chamber suitable for reproducible wireless networking experimentation. This testbed is funded by the ANR FIT (Future Internet of Things) project developing an open large-scale testing infrastructure for systems and applications on wireless and sensor communications.
- Fed4Fire+, an integrating Project under the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) addressing the work programme topic Future Internet Research and Experimentation.
- NS-3 consortium, ns-3 is a discrete-event network simulator for Internet systems.
- Mohamed Naoufal Mahfoudi, (co-supervised with Robert Staraj – LEAT), working on “Towards Cross-layer MIMO for 5G networks”.
- Hardik Soni, (co-supervised with Thierry Turletti), working on “Enhanced Support for Multicast Applications in SDN Networks”.
- Alina Quereilhac (co-supervised with Thierry Turletti), thesis on “Experiment Control in Heterogeneous Evaluation Environments”, June 2015.
- Ashwin Rao, (co-supervised with Arnaud Legout), thesis on Improving Transparency and End-User Control in Mobile Networks, December 2013.
- Shafqat-Ur Rehman, (co-supervised with Thierry Turletti), thesis on Benchmarking of Wireless Experimentations, January 2012.
- Stevens Leblond, (co-supervised with Arnaud Legout), thesis on Privacy in P2P Networks, April 2011.
- Mathieu Lacage, thesis on a Methodology for Networking Experimentation, November 2010.
- Mohamed Amine Ismail, (co-supervised with Antoine Clerget), thesis on the optimisation of Protocols and Applications over Broadcast Links, June 2010.
- Diego Dujovne, (co-supervised with Thierry Turletti), thesis on the evaluation of wireless transmission protocols, May 2009.
- Mohamed Ali Kaafar, (co-supervised with Thierry Turletti), thesis on Securing Internet Coordinate Systems, September 2007.
- Mohamad Malli, (co-supervised with Chadi Barakat), thesis on Inferring Internet topology from Application Point of View, September 2006.
- Laurentiu Barza, thesis on Communication Architecture for Large Scale Virtual Environments, July 2004.
- Fatma Louati, (co-supervised with Chadi Barakat), thesis on Asymmetry and Bidirectional traffic in the Internet, February 2004.
- Antoine Clerget, thesis on Heterogeneity in IP multicast Networks, December 2003.
- Miguel Sánchez, thesis on Optimization of Packet Forwarding in Best-effort Routers, September 2003.
- Rares Serban, (co-supervised with Chadi Barakat) thesis on Dynamic IP QoS management, September 2003.
- Fethi Filali, thesis on Deploying Multicast Services in Heterogeneous Environments, November 2002.
- Frank Lyonnet, thesis on Multimedia Applications over the Internet with wireless links, October 1998.
- Claude Castelluccia, thesis on High Performance Transmission Control Protocols, March 1996.
- Organization: INRIA
- Research Center: Sophia Antipolis – Méditerranée
- Project-team: DIANA
- E-mail: Walid.Dabbous AT inria.fr (preferred)
- Phone: +33 4 92 387 718
- Fax: +33 4 92 387 978
- Mail: INRIA, 2004 route des Lucioles, B.P. 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis, France