The DIANA team at Inria Sophia Antipolis is hiring 3 PhD positions, 2 post-docs, and 3 research engineers in the frame of several major French and European projects (e.g. SLICES and Converge).
The candidates will work on developing 6G technology. 6G networks are a composition of functional blocks that can be designed, implemented, and deployed independently, which allow to follow a cloud native approach to deploy new cellular networks. In parallel to this operational breakthrough, 6G leverages terahertz communications to offer very high speed, low latency data exchanges. However, at high frequencies any obstacle may break communications. To help in solving this problem, meta surfaces can be added to the communication environment and act as low cost, reconfigurable relays between non line-of-sight communicating nodes. These meta-surfaces can be reconfigured live thanks to vision-aided (i.e., video camera) tracking of the environment where communications happen.
Based on their competencies and acquaintances, the candidates will work either on
- the optimisation of the 6G architecture including observability and orchestration
- implementing a 6G infrastructure on real hardware composed of multiple anechoic chambers, data-centres, and terabit per second switching fabrics
- building a meta-surface simulator within ns-3 for vision-aided 6G communications.
All work done will be validated on a physical equipment. Special care will be giving on reproducibility, and all contributions will be free and open source.
We are particularly seeking for complementary profiles. If you’re a recent graduate looking to jumpstart your career, we’d love to hear from you!
Qualifications and Requirements
The positions require:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related discipline for PhD and research engineer positions.
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related discipline for Post-Doc positions
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills in English
- Solid knowledge in: i) networking and/or ii) telecommunication and/or iii) signal
- Experience with DevOps techniques and system development for research engineer positions
- Ability to travel within Europe
Salaries and duration of contracts are based on the experience and actual positions filled by the candidates.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must email the following documents, in a single PDF file, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detailed CV
- Bachelor’s degree and master’s degrees transcripts
- List of publications (If any)
- The contact of two references
Applications will be reviewed until the positions are filled.