I am a researcher in the Diana project-team (previously Planète) at INRIA, Sophia Antipolis, France.
On November 9 2016, we opened the FIT-R2lab testbed to the general public; sign up through the OneLab portal to run your own experiment!
- Future Internet Architecture and Wireless Networks,
- Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization,
- Challenged and Heterogeneous Networks,
- Easy and Realistic Evaluation of Network Systems and Protocols.
- I am involved in the following projects:
- DISCO ANR project on flexible and robust Software Defined Networking,
- REFLEXION ANR project on resilient and flexible infrastructure for open networking (NFV/SDN),
- UHD_on_5G associated team with NICT on designing SDN-based high quality video streaming over 5G networks,
- FIT-R2Lab is a Wi-Fi mesh testbed infrastructure in an anechoic chamber suitable for reproducible wireless networking experimentation. This testbed is funded by the ANR FIT (Future Internet of Things) project developing an open large-scale testing infrastructure for systems and applications on wireless and sensor communications.
- Ghada Moualla, on designing SDN/NFV fault management mechanisms (co-supervised with Damien Saucez)
- Hardik Soni, on Software Defined Networking in challenged environments (co-supervised with Walid Dabbous)
- Xuan-Nam Nguyen, (now Research & Development Engineer at ALTRAN, France), on optimal OpenFlow rules placement (co-supervised with Walid Dabbous)
- Alina Quereilhac, (now Research & Development Engineer at NERIM, France), on unified evaluation environment of networking protocols for simulators and testbeds (co-supervised with Walid Dabbous).
- Shafqat Ur Rehman, (now Assistant Professor at Air University, Islamabad) on benchmarking wireless experimentations (co-supervised with Walid Dabbous).
- Naveed Bin Rais, (now Assistant Professor at Muhammad Ali Jinnah University, Islamabad) on transmission mechanisms for networks with episodic connectivity (co-supervised with Katia Obraczka).
- Diego Dujovne, (now Assistant Professor at Univ Diego Portales, Chile) on improving multicast transmission on WiFi networks and on the evaluation of wireless transmission protocols (co-supervised with Walid Dabbous).
- Mohamed Ali Kaafar (now Research Leader at NICTA) , who worked on securing Internet coordinate systems (co-supervised with Walid Dabbous).
- Hossein Manshaei (now Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the Isfahan University of Technology), who worked on adaptive and cross-layer transmission protocols for WLANs.
- Vijay Arya (now researcher at IBM Research India), who worked on multicast-based inference of network tomography and multicast traffic engineering for overlay networks.
- Emmanuel Lety (now at UDCAST) who worked on SCORE, a scalable communication architecture for Large-Scale Virtual Environments (LSVE).
- Member of the Editorial Boards of:
- Co-Chair of the 1st Workshop on Software-Defined Internets of the future (WSDIF’14),Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on October 28 – 30, 2014.
- Publicity Chair of the 11th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Systems (MASS), Philadelphia, October 2014.
- Publicity Chair of the WiOpt 2005 Symposium, Riva del Garda, Trentino, Italy, 2005.
- Doctoral Symposium Chair of ACM Multimedia 2002, Juan les Pins, France, 2002.
- Co-Editor of two special issues on Software radio in IEEE JSAC April 1999 and IEEE Communication Magazine February 1999.
- Technical Program Committee member of:
- 9th Workshop on ns-3, Mangalore, India, June 13-14 2018.
- 3rd CoRes Workshop, Roscoff, France, May 28-29 2018.
- 8th Workshop on ns-3, Porto, Portugal, June 13-14 2017.
- 2nd CoRes Workshop, Quiberon, France, May 29-30 2017.
- 11th ACM Workshop on Challenged Networks (CHANTS), New York, USA, October 2016.
- ACM SIGCOMM 2016 Posters and Demos, Salvador, Brazil, August 2016.
- 7th Workshop on ns-3, Seattle, Washington, USA, June 15-16, 2016.
- 13th ACM International Symposium on Mobility Management and Wireless Access (MOBIWAC), Cancun, Mexico, November 2015.
- 10th ACM Mobicom Workshop on Challenged Networks at Paris, France, September 11, 2015.
- 11th ACM SIGCOMM Asian Internet Engineering Conference (AINTEC), Bangkok, Thailand, November 2015.
- 21th Packet Video Workshop, Sydney, Australia, USA, June 4-5, 2015.
- 6th Workshop on ns-3 at Barcelona, Spain, May 13, 2015.
- 1st ACM Workshop on Wireless and Mobile Technologies for Smart Cities (WiMobCity) at MobiHoc, Philadelphia, PA, USA, Aug 11-14, 2014.
- 2nd Workshop on Emulation Tools, Methodology and Techniques at SIMUTools, Lisbon, Portugal – Mar 17-19, 2014.
- 5th Workshop on ns-3 at Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, GA, May 7, 2014.
- 5th ICCE, Special Session on Software Defined Networking, Dan Nang, Vietnam, Jul 30-Aug 1, 2014.
- 20th Packet Video Workshop, San Jose, CA, USA, December 12-13, 2013.
- 5th ACM Workshop on Mobile Video (MoVid), Oslo, Norway, Feb 27, 2013.
- 19th Packet Video Workshop, Munich, Germany, May 10-11, 2012.
- 4th ACM International workshop on Mobile Video Delivery (Movid), Chapel Hill, North Carolina, February 2012.
- 18th Packet Video Workshop, Hong-Kong, 13-14 December, 2010.
- 1st International Conference on Wireless and Ubiquitous Systems (ICWUS)’10, Sousse, Tunisia, October 2010.
- 3rd ACM International workshop on Mobile Video Delivery (Movid), Firenze, Italy, October 2010.
- 2nd International workshop on Mobile Video Delivery (Movid), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, April 2009.
- 17th Packet Video Workshop, Seattle, WA, 11-12 May, 2009.
- 3rd International Workshop on Performance Analysis and Enhancement of Wireless Networks (PAEWN’08), Okinawa, Japan, 25-28 March, 2008.
- 18th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC’07), Athens, Greece, 3-7 September, 2007.
- 16th Packet Video Workshop (PV’07), Lausanne, Switzerland, Nov 12-13 2007.
- 8th IEEE WOMMoM’07 Symposium, Helsinki, Finland, June 18-21, 2007.
- 2nd International Workshop on Wireless Network Measurement (WinMee’05), Boston, MA, April 3, 2006.
- 15th Packet Video Workshop, Hanghzou, China, April 20-21, 2006.
- IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks, Niagara-Falls,Buffalo-NY, 26-29 June 2006.
- WiOpt 2005 Symposium at Riva Del Garda, Italy on April 4-6, 2005.
- 3rd International Conference on Wired/Wireless Internet Communications (WWIC 2005), May 2-4 Xanthi, Greece.
- IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM 2005), Taormina, Italy, June 14-16, 2005.
- 1st International Workshop on Broadband Wireless Multimedia (BroadWiM), San José, CA, 2004.
- Global Internet and Next Generation Networks Symposium 2004 at IEEE GLOBECOM, Dallas, USA, 2004.
- 2nd WiOpt workshop , University of Cambridge, UK, 2004.
- 14th Packet Video Workshop, University of California, Irvine, USA, 2004.
- 1st WiOpt workshop, Sophia Antipolis, FRANCE, 2003.
- 13th Packet Video Workshop, Nantes, FRANCE, 2003.
- 12th Packet Video Workshop, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, 2002.
- 4th International Workshop on Networked Group Communication, Boston, MA, USA, 2002.
- 11th Packet Video Workshop, Kyongju, Korea, 2001.
- 10th Packet Video Workshop, Cagliari, Italy, 2000.
- 9th Packet Video Workshop, New York, USA, 1999.
(Extracted from HAL since 2012, 2015 and before or Google Scholar)
- Previous projects include:
- COMMUNITY joint team with UCSC on new architectures for heterogeneous networks prone to episodic connectivity,
- SIMULBED/DESIGNET joint team with NICT and Univ. of Tokyo on the design of an efficient experimentation platform to evaluate new network architectures,
- EIT ICT KIC SDN on LTE integration in Software-Defined Networking,
- CONNECT ANR project on content-oriented networking,
- WELCOME STIC AmSud project, on Wireless experimental realistic measurement,
- OneLab2 FP7 European project on Wireless Experimentation and Benchmarking,
- ROSEATE STIC AmSud project on Realistic Models, Simulations and Experimentation of wireless protocols,
- GENESIM joint team on the elaboration of a Global Environment for wireless Networking Experiments and SIMulations,
- DIVINE RNRT project on video transmission over various wireless heterogeneous devices,
- ExpeShare ITEA2 project on file sharing in wireless in wireless ad hoc networks,
- ONELAB IST FP6 project concerning the implementation of an open platform across heterogeneous environments (based on PlanetLab),
- VTHD and VTHD++ RNRT Projects
- Visiophonie sur IP sans fils (VIP) RNRT Project,
- VISI RNRT Project,
- Multi Service Access Everywhere (MUSE) IST Project,
- ITEA DESS,
- MICE and MICE-II.
- I have been a postdoctoral associate in the Telemedia, Networks and Systems Group at the MIT Laboratory for Computer Science between September’95 and September’96. In this group, I have been working in the SpectrumWare project headed by David Tennenhouse. I have designed and implemented in software part of a GSM base station which has been integrated into the VuSystem.
- I have done my PhD studies in the High-Speed Networking Research Group RODEO at INRIA Sophia Antipolis. My previous research (done in particular with Jean Bolot and Christian Huitema) were focused on designing, implementing, and evaluating multimedia applications over the Internet. Specifically, I have developed IVS, one of the first videoconferencing application for the Internet. This software videoconferencing system allows multicast delivery of audio and video over the Internet. I also developed specific error control and rate control mechanisms for transmission of video streams. These mechanisms regulate the output rate of the codecs based on feedback information about the network state. They have been designed specifically to work in a multicast environment.
If you are looking for an Artist, look at my father’s Oil Paintings. Btw, I’m sure you already know my mascot Ounga 🙂
- Organization: INRIA
- Research Unit: Sophia Antipolis
- Project: DIANA
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +33 4 92 387 879 …. But indeed, use email instead!
- Fax: +33 4 92 387 978
- Mail: INRIA, 2004 route des Lucioles, B.P. 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France