Recent updates and details available on my infos page.
My main research interest is in the model-based control of autonomic, adaptive and reconfigurable computing systems, also called feedback computing.
I use tools from discrete control theory, particularly discrete controller synthesis, for the correct design of closed-loop management of resources and energy, e.g. in mobile devices and of fault recovery.
I encapsulate these automated formal techniques into programming environments, model-oriented like the BZR reactive language, or domain-oriented like the component-based Architecture Description Language (ADL) Ctrl-F.
I integrate them in model-based software engineering methodologies, to contribute to the spreading of their concrete use.
The approach is explored at different levels:
in software, at the levels of application adaptation or for administration control-loops:
- in relation with software component-based models like FRACTAL and the Frascati middleware,
- in HPC runtimes, to dynamically adapt parallelism vs. synchronization, in Software Transactional Memory systems, in the Labex Persyval project HPES (2013-2016)
- in the context of system administration loops in green data-centers, in the ANR project Ctrl-Green (2011-2015)
- in relation with Real-Time Operating Systems for control applications (e.g. Orccad)
- in Dynamically Partially Reconfigurable (DPR) architectures, like typically in hardware platforms based on FPGA : this was first in the context of the ANR project FAMOUS (2009-2013) and now in the ANR project HPeC (2015-2019).
Previously, I worked on these topics in the Control group, which I was leading, in the Sardes team.
PhDs and post-doc colleagues, present and past:
- Adja Sylla, PhD (CEA) 2015-2018
- Naoweiluo Zhou, PhD 2013-2016
Frederico Alvares, post-doc, 2013-2015 [ARS15a] [ARS15b]
(then post-doc, at Inria/Ecole des Mines, Nantes)
Julio Cano, post-doc, 2013-2014 [CDRBG14] [CDR14]
(then post-doc, at U. Porto)
Nicolas Berthier, post-doc 2012-2013
(then post-doc, at INRIA Rennes)
Mengxuan Zhao, PhD 2012-2015 [ZPAR14] [ZPRA13]
(then engineer at EGobalMark)
Soguy Geye, PhD 2011-2014 [DGR15] [DGRP14] [GPRTB14] [GPRTB14] [GPRTH13] [GPR13] [DGPMR13] [GRT12] [GPR12]
(then post-doc, at UJF / LIG)
Tayeb Bouhadina, post-doc 2010-2011 [BSDR11]
(then post-doc, at Verimag; then at Mentor Graphics)
- Xin An, PhD 2010-2013 [AGR14] [ARDLG13] [AGR12] [AGR11]
Sébastien Guillet, PhD 2009-2012 [OGRBDG15] [GLRGD14] [GLLRDG12] [GLLRDG12b] [GLRGD10]
(then post-doc, at U. Quebec)
Gwenael Delaval, post-doc 2009-2010 [DR10b] [DR07]
(then Assistant Prof. at U. Grenoble 1)
Huafeng Yu, PhD 2005-2008 [QYGRMD10]
(then post-doc at INRIA Rennes)
Ouassila Labbani, PhD 2004-2006 [LDBR07]
(then Assistant Prof. at U. Dijon)
Abdoulaye Gamatie, post-doc 2005-2006 [GRYBD08]
(then CNRS at LIFL Lille)
Emil Dumitrescu, post-doc 2003-2004 [DGR04]
(then Assistant Prof. at INSA Lyon)
Karine Altisen, post-doc 2001-2002 [ACMR03]
(then Assistant Prof. with ENSIMAG, at Verimag)
Fernando Jimenez, PhD 1998-2001 [J01]
(then Assistant Prof. in Mexico)
Jean-Rene Beauvais, PhD 1996-1999 [B01]