Our team is located in Sophia Antipolis in Alpes-Maritimes, 8 km from Antibes, 12 km from Cannes and 28 km from Nice.
Wimmics on the SophiaTech Campus
Mail: INRIA Sophia Antipolis – Méditerranée 2004, route des Lucioles – BP 93 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
Tel.: +33 (0)4 92 38 77 77
Location: Polytech’Nice-Sophia, 930 route des Colles, BP 145, 06903 Sophia Antipolis CEDEX, FRANCE
Our offices are at Polytech’Nice-Sophia I3S Templiers building (Templiers 1 – UNS Polytech’Nice on Open Street Map)
- by car: GPS coordinates: 43.61619N (43°36’58”) 7.06786E (07°04’04”).From Aix, follow signs for Marseilles on the A8: Take the Antibes-Grasse-Sophia Antipolis exit then follow signs for Sophia Antipolis. From Nice on the A8: Take the Antibes-Grasse-Sophia Antipolis exit then follow signs for Sophia Antipolis (first right after the toll).
- by train: The closest SNCF station is Antibes. The buses of the Envibus network provide a regular connecting service to Sophia (“Lucioles” or “Inria” stop)
- by bus: From the airport or Nice-Ville: bus 230: regular connections from Nice-Aéroport to Sophia Antipolis – approximately 40 min. trip Bus 230. From within metropolitan Sophia Antipolis: Envibus in particular Line 100.
- by plane: “Nice Côte d’Azur” airport (NCE). There are two terminals (T1 and T2) with a free and frequent shuttle bus circling between the terminals.
During week days, from the airport T1 TAM bus number 230 (Sophia Express bus) is direct to Sophia Antipolis through the motorway (stop at the “IUT – Templiers” bus stop shown on the map). See the schedule.
On saturdays, Sundays and Holidays you need to take metropolitan TAM bus number 200 (towards Cannes) and stop at the Antibes train station bridge (“passerelle SNCF” bus stop) before connecting to one of the buses from Antibes to Sophia Antipolis (see below). The buses time tables are sparse on Sundays and Holidays.
Taxi are available from both terminals. A taxi from the airport costs approximately 65 euros.
The taxi or bus 230 ride is approximately 20 minutes out of rush hours.
- by train: “Antibes” train station. From the train station there are 3 options:
Bus Envibus line number 11 is direct from Antibes train station (“SNCF” bus stop) to EPU building (“IUT” bus stop).
Bus Envibus line number 1 runs from the train station bridge (“passerelle SNCF” bus stop) to Sophia Antipolis (“IUT bus stop”). Be aware that there are 2 buses number 1 line ends: “Lycée Léonard de Vinci” (these ones stops before reaching Sophia Antipolis) and “Gare Routière de Valbonne – Sophia Antipolis” (take one of these).
Bus Envibus line number 9 runs from bus stop “Vautrin bas” (in the vicinity of the Antibes train station bridge, short walk on your left after crossing the bridge) to the “Belugues” bus stop in Sophia Antipolis (see map). Be aware that there are 2 buses number 9 line ends: “Lycée Léonard de Vinci” (these ones stops before reaching Sophia Antipolis) and “Gare Routière de Valbonne – Sophia Antipolis” (take one of these).
A global buses map is available here.
- by car: A8 highway. Exit at “Antibes – Sophia Antipolis” then follow Sophia Antipolis and reach “carrefour des Chappes” round-about.
- L’Etoile : www.hoteletoile.com (map here)
- Le Collier : www.lecollier-hotelrestaurant.com
- L’Hôtel Josse : www.hotel-josse.com
Team Project Leader
name: Fabien GANDON
name: Catherine FARON ZUCKER
name: Christine FOGGIA
name: Lionel TAVANTI