NoticeHow to apply ?
NoticeHow to apply ?
In order to assess your application, the following documents are very useful. You can gather them in a PDF file and join them in the INRIA web app for job application.
- A curriculum vitae in English (or French)
- Scans of official transcripts of relevant BSc/MSc courses, if not in English, French, Dutch or German with a translation in English or French.
- A motivation letter in English (or French), typically at most half a page, providing
- Either a (possibly ranked) list of one or more of our open positions you are interested in, or a specification of the subject(s) you want to work on with a detailed motivation on how this fits in the research strategy of our lab.
- the source (e.g. URLs of web pages or citations to papers) where you found information on our lab or its open positions.
- why you feel your background fits these research topics. Please do not copy-paste your CV, instead list what you know about the position you are applying for and for each topic/requirement/… explain why you think you qualify.
- in case you already have funding for your PhD research / internship / …, or an application for such funding is pending, clearly specify the details of the funding schemes.
- A sample of scientific (and/or technical (engineers)) writing. Provide one or more documents authored by (if possible only) yourself, demonstrating your skills in English, mathematics and scientific writing. Published documents are preferred. If published in a peer-reviewed venue, you may choose to add the reviews. Examples include a master thesis, a research article, a project report, a documented github contribution, etc. If you send a long list (more than 5 items) of earlier work, please provide a paragraph saying which items are most relevant for your application. If no documents in English are available, please provide documents in another language.
- Especially for engineers, a list of open source projects to which you contributed, with a short description of your contribution and a pointer to the code.