For every class that can be considerate like a QVariant ( see http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/QVariant.html ),
Please add any information you want to share with the team thanks to this new website:
- The latest interesting paper you have read.
- The last ultimate tool you have written.
We will use the website to follow progress in research too. To help you editing your articles you can follow the posts tagged “HowTo Website”.
Feel free to ask Julien for any question.
here is a tiny list you may want to be aware of:
- Administrator – Somebody who has access to all the administration features
- Editor – Somebody who can publish and manage posts and pages as well as manage other users’ posts
- Author – Somebody who can publish and manage their own posts
- Contributor – Somebody who can write and manage their posts but not publish them
- Subscriber – Somebody who can only manage their profile
We can set everybody as Author but we will need to really well follow some posting rules.
Hello the team,
what does those words mean?! Tags, Categories and Pages?
- Tags: Here is the wikipedia definition. You can add any tag to your post. For instance if I’m writing this post I will at least add my login jgueytat as a tag to the post. Do this with every login at least related to the post. Then add all others tags you may wish to add. Check the existing list of tags previously!
- Topics or Categories: When you will post an article it may be under a certain category. For instance If I want your post to be displayed in the slider you will have to check the slider category. There can be many categories for a single post. For now we have the Research category, the Software engineering category and the Slider category. We will be able to add Categories based on tags later on…
- Pages: Those are not managed dynamically. For instance we can create for each member of the team and add a link to all the posts you have written on the website.
I hope you have some information to begin to test now! We still need to setup the level of editing… There are four levels I don’t know yet how to use. So… next post for me will be on those editing levels for the website!!
Best regards to all the team!!
We are here on our way to use the latest service proposed by the SEISM team: an easy to use and configurable website!
I am really sure we can have a wonderful tool to manage the team and increase the communication.
We may just need to follow some rules for editing the website.
First tip: Everybody can create an account just by login into the website with his LDAP login and password. It’s time to test now!