- How to build networked embedded systems as adaptive modular structures?
- How to program systems with resource and behavioral constraints on multicore architectures?
- How to program reliable and fault-tolerant embedded systems with different levels of criticality?
- Components and contracts
- Semantical foundations for embedded component-based design
- Composition and contracts for embedded component-based design
- Real-time energy-efficient multicore programming
- GALS programming languages
- High-level programming languages for Precision-Timed machines
- Specialized programming models and languages.
- Language-based fault tolerance
- Composable abstractions for fault-tolerant programming
- Separating fault-tolerance concerns
- Tracking and exploiting causality for fault-tolerance
Most SPADES team members were previously part of the (now defunct) POPART and SARDES project-teams.