The SPADES project-team aims at mastering the complexity and dependability of networked embedded computing systems by focusing on three key questions:
- How to build networked embedded systems as adaptive modular structures?
- How to program systems with resource and behavioral constraints on multicore architectures?
- How to program reliable and fault-tolerant embedded systems with different levels of criticality?
NEW: discover some of the research activities of SPADES in this animated film.
Design and Programming Models
- Embedded component-based design
- Dataflow models of computation
Certified Real-Time Programming
- Schedulability analysis and scheduler synthesis
- Multi-criteria scheduling
Fault Management and Causal Analysis
- Automatic transformations for fault tolerant circuits
- Tracking and exploiting causality for reversibility, fault ascription, and explainability
Most SPADES team members were previously part of the (now defunct) POPART and SARDES project-teams.