⚠️ New USI Lugano page (I graduated on 2018-12-18, page last updated on 2019-01-21) ⚠️
Email: pierre-louis.roman irisa.fr
PGP: 927C CBD8 FFB8 2C8E 6FCC 4840 E9A6 ADD8 B97C 86CC
PhD student working on blockchains, epidemic protocols and eventual consistency.
I joined the ASAP, now WIDE, research group in October 2014 under the supervision of François Taïani and Davide Frey, funded by the ANR SocioPlug project.
I received a BSc in Computer Science in 2011 and an MSc in Distributed Systems in 2013, both from Université Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris, France).
Decentralized systems and algorithms, blockchains, epidemic protocols, consistency models, social networks, banana-splits, privacy.
I spent three months, from June to August 2016, at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (The Netherlands) working on blockchains with Spyros Voulgaris.
This visit was funded by a mobility grant from Université Bretagne Loire (3000 €).
Blockchains, distributed ledgers, and their utility for notaries. Presented at the e-novation exhibition organized by the notaries of Brittany, Rennes.
Blockchains, registres répartis, et leur utilité pour le notariat. Présenté au salon e-novation organisé par les Notaires de l’Ouest, Rennes. [slides FR]
Demystifying the blockchain and its utility for notaries. Presented (in French) at the Regional council of notaries of Brittany, Rennes.
Démystifier la blockchain et son utilité pour le notariat. Presenté au Conseil régional des notaires de la Cour d’Appel de Rennes. [slides FR]
- 2018-11-18: Shortcutting the Bitcoin verification process for your smartphone. Presented at the Master Workshop Layer 1 Solutions, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. [slides] [vod]
- 2018-11-01: Shortcutting the Bitcoin verification process for your smartphone. Presented to the Decentralized and Distributed Systems lab of EPFL, Switzerland. [slides]
- 2017-09-26: Secured light Bitcoin client with Dietcoin and differentiated consistency with GPS. Presented to the Distributed Systems group of TU Delft, The Netherlands. [Dietcoin slides]
- 2016-11-24: Bringing secure Bitcoin transactions to your smartphone (short). Presented at the 6th Inria/Technicolor workshop on big data and analytics, Rennes, France. [slides]
- Speed for the elite, consistency for the masses: differentiating eventual consistency in large-scale distributed systems.
Davide Frey, Achour Mostefaoui, Matthieu Perrin, Pierre-Louis Roman , François Taïani. The 2016 IEEE 35th Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems (SRDS 2016), Sep 2016, Budapest, Hungary. [hal] [doi] [slides] [code]
- Similitude: Decentralised Adaptation in Large-Scale P2P Recommenders.
Davide Frey, Anne-Marie Kermarrec, Christopher Maddock, Andreas Mauthe, Pierre-Louis Roman, François Taïani . The 15th IFIP International Conference on Distributed Applications and Interoperable Systems (DAIS 2015), Jun 2015, Grenoble, France. [hal] [doi] [slides] [code]
- Towards a Geocentric Mobile Syndication System.
Adrien Debrie , Pacôme Eberhart, Pierre-Louis Roman, Cécile Le Pape, Olivier Marin. The 2012 IEEE International Conference on Internet of Things (iThings 2012), Nov 2012, Besançon, France. [hal] [doi]
- Bringing secure Bitcoin transactions to your smartphone.
Davide Frey, Marc X. Makkes, Pierre-Louis Roman , François Taïani, Spyros Voulgaris. The 15th Workshop on Adaptive and Reflective Middleware (ARM 2016), Dec 2016, Trento, Italy. [hal] [doi] [slides]
- Dietcoin: shortcutting the Bitcoin verification process for your smartphone.
Davide Frey, Marc X. Makkes, Pierre-Louis Roman , François Taïani, Spyros Voulgaris. [Research Report] RR-9162, Mar 2018. [hal] [arxiv]
- Exploring heterogeneity in loosely consistent decentralized data replication.
Pierre-Louis Roman. Thèse de doctorat, Université de Rennes 1, France, Dec 2018. [hal] [slides]
TPC member: IEEE SOCA 2018 (6), IEEE SC2 2018 (4), I-SPAN 2018 (0..), IEEE DASC 2018 (5), IEEE SOCA 2017 (3), IEEE SC2 2017 (3), IEEE SC2 2016 (6).
External reviewer: SERIAL@MW 2017 (1), OPODIS 2016 (2), DCC@PODC 2016 (1).