Working at Soda
- At Soda, you will find a unique mix of leading scientific research and technical expertise to leverage machine learning and statistical signal processing for data-science applications that matter. Working at Soda is a unique opportunity to develop your expertise.
- Soda is part of Inria, the French computer science institute. This gives us access to collaborations with experts in high-performance computing, databases, machine learning etc.., support services with expert programmers, grid computing and massive storage infrastructures. On top of that, having worked at Inria is a great line on a CV.
- Soda has close historical ties with the Parietal and scikit-learn team at Inria: we share office space, some of the meetings, and know each other very well. As a result, we form a vibrant human, technical, and scientific community.
- Soda is committed to high-quality work, both in terms of publications and of open-source software. At Soda you can have a real impact by joining a team that produces methods and software to tackle difficult data-science problems.
- We value human interactions, all forms of diversity and personal interests.
Master 2 internships:
- Model auditing: prediction confidence in the face of distribution shifts, joint between Marine le Morvan and Gaël Varoquaux
- Model evaluation with hyperparameters, joint between Gaël Varoquaux and Thomas Moreau (Mind team)
- Fairness in longitudinal education, with Jill-Jênn Vie
- Knowledge tracing of programming exercises using LLMs, with Jill-Jênn Vie and Mathias Hiron (France-ioi)
Collaboration on a hospital database: We have not opened a specific position open, however we need people who are passionate about health (typically electronic health records) and data science (typically with a good data-science experience)