We are looking for excellent candidates, highly motivated, with background knowledge either in mathematics, statistics/machine learning or in the medical domain and interested by interdisciplinary research and collaboration. We focus on both the theoretical and practical aspects including implementation.
- Recent (doctoral) degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, ML or Medical
- Background on causal inference and survival analysis is a plus
- Experience with machine learning and high-dimensional statistics
- Strong statistical computing skill
- Excellent writing and communication skills
Required application materials:
- Get in touch by email including a CV and a short presentation of your interest for the group
- Then, we will ask for contact information for two referees and will plan an interview
Permanent research positions
You can apply for Junior research positions (Deadline for applications are often around end of February). Contact Julie Josse for more information. Topics of interest include causality, missing values, multi-modal data, optimal transport, federated learning, measure of dependencies, low-rank matrix approximation, etc.
Scholarships for international visitors
Many options are available, please consider joining us in sunny Montpellier as a visiting student, researcher, etc. Contact Julie Josse (other calls/grants can be available).