Today the main goal of GAMMA project is to certify the numerical results of the Numerical Simulation Pipeline and to provide high fidelity numerical solutions. To do so, the team focuses on state-of-the-art meshing technologies and advanced numerical methods. High-order mesh and solution enable High-Fidelity of the Numerical Simulation Pipeline. The certification of the Numerical Simulation Pipeline is based on uncertainty quantification, mesh adaptation to optimally control discretization errors and mesh converged numerical solutions. To this end, numerous research topics are defined regarding:
- mesh generation algorithms (generic, adaptive and high-order),
- numerical schemes and flow solvers,
- error estimates,
- parallel computing,
- Geometric Modeling:
- High-fidelity discrete CAD kernel.
- Continuous parametric CAD kernel.
- Enhanced Generic Meshing Algorithm:
- Adaptation (extreme anisotropy, metric-aligned, metric-orthogonal).
- High-order (tetrahedra, hexahedra, boundary layer, adapted).
- Larges meshes (tetrahedra, hexahedra, adapted).
- Moving mesh methods for moving geometries.
- Toward Certified Solutions to the Navier-Stokes Equations:
- Flow solver and adjoints (Finite Volumes, Finite Elements, Flux Reconstruction).
- Error estimates and correctors.
- Advanced Mesh and Solution Visualisation:
- Pixel exact rendering (High-Order mesh, High-Order solution).
- Pre-processing and post-processing.
International and industrial relations
- French academic relationships with Inria teams, ONERA, UPEC – Modélisation et Simulation Multi-Echelle, UPMC d’Alembert, l’X Laboratoire de Physique Théorique.
- International academic relationships with Mississipi State University, EPFL GR-PI, NASA Langley, MIT Aerospace Computational Design Laboratory, Stanford University Aerospace Design Lab.
- Industrial relationships with DISTENE, Lemma, Safran Tech, the Boeing Company, Total, Phimeca.
Frédéric Alauzet, Projet GAMMA
INRIA Saclay – Ile de France
1 Rue Honoré d’Estienne d’Orves,
Frederic[point] Alauzet [at] inria [point] fr