The workshop will take place in Cassis September 11-16.
The purpose of this workshop is to have a go at improving the bounds on the Shannon capacity of C7, the cycle of length 7. Several related problems will also be studied.
There will be one talk at the beginning of the workshop which summarizes the work done on the Shannon capacity. The rest of the time will be devoted to research.
There is a discussion of the definition and how it relates to perfect graphs in the Book Perfect Graphs edited by Bruce Reed and Jorge Ramirez-Alfonsin.
The main paper in the area by Lovasz determining the capacity of C5 is: http://www.cs.elte.hu/~lovasz/scans/theta.pdf
We would like to bound the Shannon capacity of C7. See here: http://arxiv.org/pdf/1504.01472.pdf and its references. Such as: http://www.ams.org/journals/proc/2003-131-11/S0002-9939-03-06495-5/S0002-9939-03-06495-5.pdf.
This is also perhaps interesting: http://holzman.technion.ac.il/files/2012/09/completr.pdf
Participation is by invitation only.
The registration fee is 380 euros in a double room and 500 euros in a single room. It covers accomodation and breakfast.
Here is the list of confirmed participants:
- Julien Bensmail, Université Côte d’Azur, CNRS, I3S and INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, France.
- Marthe Bonamy, CNRS, Labri, Bordeaux, France.
- Nicolas Bousquet, LIRIS, Ecole Centrale de Lyon 1, France.
- Frédéric Havet, Université Côte d’Azur, CNRS, I3S and INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, France.
- William Lochet, Université Côte d’Azur, CNRS, I3S and INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, and ENS Lyon, France.
- Natasha Morrisson, University of Oxford, United Kingdom.
- Jonathan Noel, University of Oxford, United Kingdom.
- Bruce Reed, Université Côte d’Azur, CNRS, I3S and INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, France.
- Jean-Sébastien Sereni, CNRS, LORIA, Nancy, France.
- Stéphan Thomassé, ENS Lyon, France
- Yelena Yudistky, McGill University, Canada.