In short, intelligence, considered in what seems to be its original feature, is the faculty of manufacturing artificial objects, especially tools to make tools, and of indefinitely varying the manufacture.
— Henri Bergson (1859-1942)
AUCTUS is an Inria team in collaboration with ENSC and IMS. The general objective of the team is to design robotic assistance systems or collaborative robots for Humans at work, in particular in the industrial sector.
The increase of the physical and cognitive capacities of the Homo Faber through the development of tools knows a new golden age by the advent of the collaborative robotics coupled with the artificial intelligence. Man is able to share with a machine his movement, his motor intelligence, but also his decisions. The challenge is then to design the machine part of the cybernetic couple for the successful realization of a task, while preserving the man in his physical and cognitive integrity and in his capacity of adaptation and decision.
- Analysis and modeling of behavior
- Links between Human Sciences and Artificial Intelligence
- Set analysis of postures, gestures and human movements
- Operator / robot coupling
- Optimizing the performance of an operator / robot couple
- Mediation of perceptions of an operator / robot couple
- Design of collaborative robots and robotic assistance systems
- Architectural design
- Control design
- Methodological support: experiments and technological developments
- Innovative sensors